Audition Opportunity: Synetic Theater’s Student Production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream
January 13, 2011 Leave a comment
Synetic Theater, DC’s Premier Physical Theater, will be holding auditions this Saturday for their student production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. If you don’t know the Shakespeare play, read it now. It’s one of my favorites. I checked in with Synetic Theater’s Marketing Associate Tricia Homer for the dance connection. Here’s what she had to say:
The Synetic style is unique to the company. There are performers with years of dance experience and several with none at all. It is physical theater combining movement techniques such as mime, acrobatics, aerial and parkour with drama. Some dance elements I might say are present in the work are Riverdance, Ballet, Modern, Breakdancing, Capoeira, etc. There is absolutely no dance requirement, but the audition will entail movement. The production is a class ending in a performance- so we will most likely be accepting all who audition. The audition process is a part of the casting process.
- Auditions for Synetic Theater’s student production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream (directed by Alex Mills, Ben Cunis and Ryan Sellers)
- 2786 South Arlington Mill Drive; Arlington, VA 22206
- Saturday, January 15th 10am-1pm (Auditions will be scheduled every half hour. Contact Meg.Synetic@gmail.com to schedule an audition appointment).
- Auditioning students ages 10-18. Must be able to attend rehearsals February 1st to March 10th and perform at shows scheduled for March 11th, 12th and 13th. There will be a registration fee for all students accepted.
- For the audition please prepare a monologue and come in clothes designed to move.